Cashflow finance is a specialised form of finance that accommodates a business’ need to access flexible funding, either to support growth or provide working capital to overcome difficult trading conditions. This is done through a process generically known as debtor finance.
Debtor finance (also known as Factoring or Invoice Discounting) is the process of providing finance by selling a business’ debt receivables in return for immediate access to funds until the debt is paid by the customer.
Debtor finance is ideal for businesses that are:
- Starting up and encountering resistance from banks
- Expanding through acquisition
- Undergoing rapid expansion but struggling to finance the growth
- Restructuring and recapitalising their operations
- Facing challenging trading conditions and needing financial support
- Unable to increase their funding due to the constraints of their existing lenders
Hermes has a number of different debtor finance products designed to address the specific needs or working capital requirements of different businesses.